Before giving his take on Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables” comment during Wednesday night’s episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah explained why the 2016 election season has made him feel like Harry Potter.
Noting that his debut as the host of The Daily Show happened at around the same time Donald Trump became a serious contender for the Republican nomination, Noah compared himself to Harry facing off against Trump’s Voldemort.
“I think in some way I may be connected to Trump…Sort of like Harry Potter and Voldemort,” he told Colbert. “I think I may need to die to save America, to save you all.”
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org