Before giving his take on Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables” comment during Wednesday night’s episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah explained why the 2016 election season has made him feel like Harry Potter.
Noting that his debut as the host of The Daily Show happened at around the same time Donald Trump became a serious contender for the Republican nomination, Noah compared himself to Harry facing off against Trump’s Voldemort.
“I think in some way I may be connected to Trump…Sort of like Harry Potter and Voldemort,” he told Colbert. “I think I may need to die to save America, to save you all.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World