Why buy lawn furniture when you can grow it? That’s the idea behind TERRA!, a line of cardboard skeletons from Italy-based Studio Nucleo that can be filled with dirt, covered with grass seed and–in as little as two months–transformed into backyard seating. The frame ships flat with assembly instructions, and prices start at $280 for an adult-size armchair like the one below. This is a streamlined version of a product the studio introduced in 2000 but had to scrap because of high production costs; components are now laser-cut to be smaller and easier to assemble.
This appears in the September 26, 2016 issue of TIME.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time