In an interview with Vanity Fair, the singer, who wore a “Not Becky” pin to the afterparty following the Met Gala, explained that she is still friendly with Jay Z and Beyoncé and that she isn’t invested in the drama of the situation, but instead, in her music.
“First and foremost, Jay Z is my inspiration and one of my idols—lyrically, musically, business-wise,” Ora said. “I still look up to him and his wife every day. Beyoncé was one of my biggest idols growing up…As for the rest of it, I’m oblivious, I’m just not the gossip queen. I find it incredibly rude and disrespectful to women in general [when] we get accused of something that’s basically against the important part—the music.”
On that, Ora was also positive.
“He’s very talented. . . . I have had a few dramas, haven’t I?”
Read the full interview at Vanity Fair.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time