An Indian media firm has created a Bollywood film channel in the U.S. — in Spanish.
The BBC reports that the new channel, Zee Mundo, is the first attempt to bring Indian cinema to a Spanish-speaking market. It will eventually expand into Latin America.
The channel is the work of Zee Entertainment Enterprises, one of India’s largest media companies; it will dub its entire Hindi-language film catalogue into Spanish.
“We are confident that Zee Mundo’s programming will cross frontiers with storylines and themes that are relatable to the Hispanic audiences,” Amit Goenka, head of the company’s international operations, told the BBC.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out