Hugely helpful and easy to use, location sharing between iPhone owners is an underutilized gem, likely because people are afraid they’ll be tracked when they’d rather remain private. But sharing your location via the Messages app only gives friends a temporary peek into your whereabouts — and after the time expires, your phone’s location sharing turns off, and you’re invisible to your buddies again. This works great for meeting up to hang out downtown, or if you’re driving to a friend’s house, and you want to let them know when you’ll be there.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving