Speaking on Good Morning America, Bergeron applauded the program’s security team for dealing with the incident so quickly, adding that many members of the audience said they “didn’t know what to do because they thought it was part of the show”.
“It wasn’t really until I saw Carrie Ann [Inaba]’s expression change that I got the sense something more was going on… by the time I saw the two guys coming with their T-shirts, our security team had them sucking floor,” he added.
The protestors, named Barzeen Soroudi and Sam Sotoodeh, told the LAPD they were protesting Lochte for falsely claiming he was robbed at gunpoint while in a taxi in Rio during the Olympic Games this summer. They believed his actions “endangered Americans,” ABC News reports.
The LAPD confirmed to news channel that the two men have been charged with misdemeanor trespassing.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption