With almost 40 years to his credit in the kitchen and 13 restaurants, plus a gig on Top Chef and his upcoming show, Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse, the chef Emeril Lagasse has rubbed shoulders with plenty of celebrities.
However, one of his most memorable anecdotes comes from one of the great dons of a different era: Frank Sinatra.
In an interview with The A.V. Club, Lagasse details how he once cooked for Ol’ Blue Eyes — and ended up losing all his silverware in the process. Apparently, Sinatra came to Lagasse’s restaurant for dinner and proceeded to steal all of the silverware right off the table.
“Frank Sinatra was an interesting evening,” Lagasse said. “He was just stealing silverware off the table. Then the next day, the general manager of the hotel he was staying at called me and said, ‘You might want to send somebody over, or come over yourself. I have a whole bunch of your silverware that was left in the hotel room.'”
Eat the World is currently on Amazon.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023