Priyanka Chopra is set to play Victoria Leeds in the upcoming Baywatch movie — the main villain of the ’90s TV series reboot. But in a recent interview with W magazine, the 34-year-old Quantico star revealed the role was originally written for a man.
“They were speaking to me about [playing] one of the lifeguards in the film Baywatch and I had a Skype call with [director] Seth Gordon, which was supposed to be 15 minutes and it ended up being 2 hours,” she said. “The character that I’m playing, which is the antagonist in Baywatch, was written for man, and then he just changed it and thought that a woman would be really interesting and I ended up playing Victoria.”
Chopra plays the bad guy to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s hero in the film, a role she told India Today she truly enjoyed. “The best part of working on Baywatch is to be the villain of the movie,” she said. “I don’t think The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson has ever had anyone who’s been mean to him. He’s a great guy, but Victoria is a b—ch.”
Baywatch hits theaters May 19, 2017.
Read more at W.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body