Solange Knowles wrote a thought-provoking essay about her experience with harassment at a popular German electronic dance music group Kraftwerk’s concert in New Orleans over the weekend.
Knowles had taken to Twitter to share an incident in which her family reported that a group of women threw a half-eaten lime at her, noting that she and her family were among a handful of audience members who were people of color at the concert space. Her story thus shared, Knowles then endured racist harassment on social media. In her essay, And Do You Belong? I Do on her website, Saint Heron, she elaborated on her experience.
Knowles also voiced her thoughts on misconceptions about her social media statements.
Knowles goes on to provide additional examples of prejudice from being racially profiled on a train in Italy to hearing a racial epithet in her third grade classroom.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time