The official trailer for The Siege of Jadotville shows an intense Jamie Dornan leading an Irish troop of U.N. peacekeepers through a siege while on a mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Dornan plays Commandant Pat Quinlan, who led 157 Irishmen as they fought off a siege from 3,000 Congolese troops led by French and Belgian mercenaries. The troops were in the Congo to help support the African country’s newly established government.
The trailer for the film, which comes to Netflix on October 7, features brutal scenes from the five-day battle against a well-armed enemy.
Read more: The True story of the Heroic Battle That Inspired the New Netflix Film The Siege of Jadotville
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction