Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump responded to reports that his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton had been diagnosed with pneumonia by wishing the candidate well.
In a Monday morning interview on Fox & Friends, Trump said he assumes the coughing spell Clinton suffered from last week was also caused by the upper respiratory infection, but overall hopes the candidate feels better soon.
“Like you, I see what I see. The coughing fit was a week ago so I assume that was pneumonia also,” Trump said during a call-in interview. “Something’s going on, but I just hope she gets well and gets back on the trail and we’ll be seeing her at the debate.”
Clinton’s health has become a concern among right-wing conspiracy theorists during the campaign, with questions about whether Clinton will survive the race flashing across blogs and websites. Donald Trump has contributed to the speculation about Clinton health, too. This week, Trump will appear on the Dr. Oz show to reveal his health regimen.
During the Fox & Friends interview, Trump said he’d had physical a last week and will be releasing the results “when the numbers come in.”
“Hopefully, they’ll be good,” he said before adding, “I feel great.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com