Saturday Night Live‘s Pete Davidson remembered his father, who died in the 9/11 attacks, through a humorous tribute this weekend.
Davidson, who was 7 when his firefighter father was killed during the terrorist attacks 15 years ago, posted a photo of himself with his dad sipping beer on Instagram on Saturday.
“Can’t believe tomorrow is going to be 15 years,” Davidson wrote in the caption. “Missing the legend!!! Thank u for ur kind words and support as always.”
On Sunday, Davidson followed up with a photo of his father pouring a beer and a pair of worn black boots. He joked
“One of my dads homies gave me his old dirty ass boots from work and a sick photo of him lookin like a young legend !!!” the comedian wrote. “Apparently my dad wore sketchers how f-ckin embarrassing!!”
Davidson paid a humorous tribute to his dad last year, too. He later wrote on Twitter, “All jokes aside. There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t think of u. Ur my hero. Can’t wait to see u again someday.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy