Saturday Night Live‘s Pete Davidson remembered his father, who died in the 9/11 attacks, through a humorous tribute this weekend.
Davidson, who was 7 when his firefighter father was killed during the terrorist attacks 15 years ago, posted a photo of himself with his dad sipping beer on Instagram on Saturday.
“Can’t believe tomorrow is going to be 15 years,” Davidson wrote in the caption. “Missing the legend!!! Thank u for ur kind words and support as always.”
On Sunday, Davidson followed up with a photo of his father pouring a beer and a pair of worn black boots. He joked
“One of my dads homies gave me his old dirty ass boots from work and a sick photo of him lookin like a young legend !!!” the comedian wrote. “Apparently my dad wore sketchers how f-ckin embarrassing!!”
Davidson paid a humorous tribute to his dad last year, too. He later wrote on Twitter, “All jokes aside. There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t think of u. Ur my hero. Can’t wait to see u again someday.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out