Jimmy Kimmel has a knack for embarrassing unsuspecting pedestrians, but his team took things to a new level during a segment on the new iPhone 7 featured in Thursday night’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!
After asking random passerby if they wanted to try out Apple’s latest mobile model, the crew was able to convince several people that their old iPhone — cleaned and disguised in a new case — was actually the 7. “It definitely looks a lot more crisp, a little more clear,” one woman commented. “Even the screen itself looks more smooth and glossy.”
A few of the participants were even tricked into purchasing their own phone for $50 in cash.
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve