Lady Gaga finally released “Perfect Illusion,” her brand new single from an upcoming, as-yet-untitled fifth album on Friday morning.
While co-hosting BBC Radio 1’s morning show with presenter Nick Grimshaw, the multi-talented star debuted the new track, her first proper pop single in nearly three years (excluding the Academy-Award-nominated “Til It Happens To You,” which soundtracked the documentary The Hunting Ground in 2015).
Gaga first started teasing “Perfect Illusion” in August, filling her social media profiles with cryptic messages. To craft her return to the pop stage, she enlisted Mark Ronson (of “Uptown Funk” fame), Kevin Parker from Tame Impala, and BloodPop (a producer of Justin Bieber’s “Sorry”), building a team with serious hit-making experience.
“Perfect Illusion” is available on iTunes, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon and Spotify.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement