President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama landed the October cover of Essence for a special issue before they leave the White House in January.
The Time Inc. publication interviewed the Obamas about their time in the White House and what’s next for the family. Michelle Obama also appears on the October cover of InStyle.
“I can unequivocally say that America is better off now than we were when we came into office. By almost every economic measure, we’re better off,” President Obama told Essence. “But having said that, we still have a lot of work to do.”
Quiz: Are You Ready for Back to School?
You can find the First Couple smiling at you from newsstands when the issue becomes available on Sept. 9. Until then, enjoy the preview of the special edition cover here.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement