The model offered her praise for Ivanka while doubling down on her criticism of the Republican presidential nominee in an interview with Glamour published on Thursday.
“First of all, I think Ivanka seems like an incredibly wonderful businesswoman and mother,” Teigen told Glamour. “She has enviable poise and grace in a very difficult position. But I’ll say this: I love my dad to death. But holy shit, I would not advise you to vote for him for president. Ron Teigen Sr. and Donald Trump Sr. both have matching political qualifications: zero.”
“Regardless, I think Ivanka should probably run for office one day,” she added.
Teigen has spoken out against Trump a number of times, including calling him “an assh—” on his 70th birthday in June. Glamour asked Teigen, who has publicly supported Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid, about her distaste for the GOP candidate.
“Listen, my words have never been described as the most eloquent, but I stick by the passion behind them. I do hate Trump. I find him to be a vile human being—one that lies so often, so casually, and with such confidence, that fact-checkers actually cannot keep up. It is one thing after another, daily,” Teigen told Glamour. “He is misogynist and a racist; he is thin-skinned and beyond unqualified to be president.”
Read the rest of her interview with Glamour here.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This