Following Tuesday’s reports that Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston had split amicably after three months of public romantic summer shenanigans, the Internet was abuzz with talk about the end of the romance. But while many mourned the famous duo’s end, others found humor in the situation.
A few of the late night hosts were also quick to jump on the Hiddleswift bandwagon, with James Corden and Stephen Colbert both running segments about the breakup during Wednesday night’s episodes of The Late Late Show and The Late Show, respectively.
Corden began his opening monologue by announcing the news, cracking a joke about the focus of Swift’s next album. “As soon as Taylor’s band heard about the breakup they were like,’yeah yeah, we know — we’re headed to the studio now.'”
Colbert went a bit of a different route, choosing to perform a song called “Taylor, Tom and Me” about how the breakup had affected him personally.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023