Following Tuesday’s reports that Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston had split amicably after three months of public romantic summer shenanigans, the Internet was abuzz with talk about the end of the romance. But while many mourned the famous duo’s end, others found humor in the situation.
A few of the late night hosts were also quick to jump on the Hiddleswift bandwagon, with James Corden and Stephen Colbert both running segments about the breakup during Wednesday night’s episodes of The Late Late Show and The Late Show, respectively.
Corden began his opening monologue by announcing the news, cracking a joke about the focus of Swift’s next album. “As soon as Taylor’s band heard about the breakup they were like,’yeah yeah, we know — we’re headed to the studio now.'”
Colbert went a bit of a different route, choosing to perform a song called “Taylor, Tom and Me” about how the breakup had affected him personally.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time