Thanks to that punk movement known as time, Apple is moving on.
The leading technology giant officially introduced the public to the iPhone 7 on Wednesday. TIME reports that among the pros and cons of the upgraded device, one of the most notable (and polarizing) changes is that this phone won’t have a headphone jack.
To that end, Apple will sell wireless “EarPod earbuds” or a “dongle” that will allow users to plug in their traditional headphones. But TIME notes that some customers, even early Apple adopters, are more comfortable using their familiar headphones from other brands, the traditional way for various reasons.
Reliably, the Internet has chimed in with the sense of humor and memes that these changing times require. Here are the best of the Internet reactions.
Some shared the most appropriate movie poster for Apple’s new look.
The film’s official Twitter account even chimed in:
Some commented that the bold move was on par with the great victories of our time.
Some were excited about one of the new features:
Some accepted this news, and began the grieving process:
Others were more pointed in their critiques.
Some feared that the air pods would be easy to lose track of:
Others reacted to the new cost:
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space