From Rey’s scavenging on Jakku to Finn and Poe’s escape from the star destroyer, The Force Awakens was chock-full of out-of-this-world moments that brought the magic of the Star Wars universe to new heights. And in a new video from Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), Lucasfilm’s VFX and animation studio, fans can catch a behind-the-scenes glimpse at how special effects were used to create these incredible scenes.
“The Force Awakens gave us the opportunity to once again push the boundaries of what is possible in character animation and visual effects while combining cutting edge practical effects and physical sets,” ILM captioned the clip.
Watch the full video above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org