From Rey’s scavenging on Jakku to Finn and Poe’s escape from the star destroyer, The Force Awakens was chock-full of out-of-this-world moments that brought the magic of the Star Wars universe to new heights. And in a new video from Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), Lucasfilm’s VFX and animation studio, fans can catch a behind-the-scenes glimpse at how special effects were used to create these incredible scenes.
“The Force Awakens gave us the opportunity to once again push the boundaries of what is possible in character animation and visual effects while combining cutting edge practical effects and physical sets,” ILM captioned the clip.
Watch the full video above.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body