The Coast Guard is looking for a woman who fell off a cruise ship near the Bahamas early Wednesday morning.
The 32-year-old fell off the 11th deck of the Carnival Ecstasy around 2:30 a.m., as the ship was about 27 miles southwest of Freeport, Bahamas, according to the Miami Herald.
A spokesperson for Carnival Cruise Line says the woman jumped, the Herald reports. She was last seen wearing a white dress with a pink floral print.
The Coast Guard sent the ship onto Charleston, South Carolina, its next destination, at 9 a.m.
Cost Guard crews stayed behind to continue searching for the woman, according to the Herald, and there is a helicopter, an airplane and ships on the lookout for her.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com