The Coast Guard is looking for a woman who fell off a cruise ship near the Bahamas early Wednesday morning.
The 32-year-old fell off the 11th deck of the Carnival Ecstasy around 2:30 a.m., as the ship was about 27 miles southwest of Freeport, Bahamas, according to the Miami Herald.
A spokesperson for Carnival Cruise Line says the woman jumped, the Herald reports. She was last seen wearing a white dress with a pink floral print.
The Coast Guard sent the ship onto Charleston, South Carolina, its next destination, at 9 a.m.
Cost Guard crews stayed behind to continue searching for the woman, according to the Herald, and there is a helicopter, an airplane and ships on the lookout for her.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization