Duvernay stopped by The Late Show to discuss her new Oprah Winfrey Network series, Queen Sugar, but before she would talk about the show, she had to remind Colbert that the first time they met was at Obama’s White House party.
Turns out that Colbert didn’t remember their first meeting, because he was too busy showing off his sweet moves in an epic dance battle with Usher and Janelle Monae, as well as the President and the First Lady. If that line-up isn’t enough to make you long for an invite to Obama’s next birthday throwdown, that group was joined on the dance floor by Ellen DeGeneres, Chance the Rapper, and Sir Paul McCartney himself, who later told Colbert, “It doesn’t get better than this.” He would know, too, Colbert points out in the segment. Watch below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer