Desiigner’s “Panda” was one of the most popular songs of the summer, but as Jimmy Kimmel proved Tuesday night, that doesn’t mean everyone knows the lyrics to it. During Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the host ran a clip in which random pedestrians were asked to decode the fast-moving hip-hop hit.
As the song played, participants tried to interpret the lines, resulting in hilarious translations such as, “I got bras in the morning,” for “I got broads in Atlanta,” and “Dinosaur,” for “Pockets swole, Danny.”
After hearing the lyric, “credit cards and the scammers,” one man even thought he had figured out the hidden meaning behind the words. “This guy works in the bank, right?” he said. “Scan the credit cards, something like this, right?”
Watch the full video above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms