George R. R. Martin’s highly anticipated novel The Winds of Winter might have a new release date — according to Amazon France, at least.
A listing for the sixth installment of Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series on Amazon France says the book will come out on March 9, 2017.
Fans should temper their excitement, however. In the past, Amazon has listed false release dates for the series, and Martin has maintained that any new book announcements will come from him, on his blog.
Martin’s publishers Voyager Books/Harper Collins told UK outlet The Independent that “nothing has been finalised regarding the publication or the date.”
The last fans heard about The Winds of Winter was in January, when a disappointed Martin announced the novel would not be ready for HBO’s Game of Thrones season 6.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out