Simone Biles has a lot of celebrity superfans. Channing Tatum, he of Magic Mike fame, supremely enviable dancing ability, and a Harvard education (took an Executive Education course,) happens to be one of them. So the thoughtful Ellen Degeneres made his dreams come true by introducing the six-foot-one actor to the four-foot-nine Olympic athlete.
In an Ellen Show clip, Tatum explains his theory about Biles’s insane athletic ability: he’s convinced that gravity just works differently on her, basically.
“She’s so tiny that she has a harder time holding onto the ground than just going up,” he muses, “because she’s always just flying away.”
Finally, Biles — who’s a Magic Mike fan herself — gets the chance see Tatum at his best. That is, he transforms into a human display case for four of her medals. Graciously, Biles even allows him to wear one around his neck. Watch above.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction