Brown said his name was smeared after his accuser, Baylee Curran, claimed he pointed a gun at her inside his Los Angeles home last Tuesday, according to ABC News. Police arrested the R&B artist on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after waiting for a warrant outside of Brown’s home for several hours.
“I cannot wait until the truth comes to light about this incident and this situation,” Brown says in the video provided to ABC. “My character’s been defaced and who I am as a person and my integrity.”
Brown’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, told the news station that he believes Brown was framed. The lawyer shared a text message that he says Curran sent to a friend before 911 was alerted.
“This freak Chris Brown is kicking me out of his house because I called his friend’s jewelry fake,” the message purportedly read. “I’m going to set him up and call the cops and say that he tried to shoot me and that will teach him a lesson. I’m going to set his a– up.”
Curran told ABC that she stands by her claim.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time