Quarterback Colin Kaepernick now has the highest-selling jersey among his San Francisco 49ers teammates, according to multiple reports.
Kaepernick was the 20th best-selling jersey on the official team’s website a few weeks before he started protesting during the national anthem before games. Kaepernick has decided not to stand for the national anthem during the preseason in protest of racial inequalities and injustices taking place in America, including police-related violence. He was joined by teammate Eric Reid in the movement as both took a knee while the anthem played in Thursday’s preseason game.
Kaepernick started the last preseason game for the 49ers and was booed by fans as he took the field.
More of Kaepernick’s gear has sold in the past week than in the last eight months combined,according to ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
Kaepernick has not lost any endorsement deals as he shares his message.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.