Colorado Democrats are setting up a taco truck outside of Donald Trump’s campaign office in Denver to register voters after a Trump surrogate said that more Mexicans moving to the United States would lead to “taco trucks on every corner.”
“My culture is a very dominant culture. It’s imposing and it’s causing problems. If you don’t do something about it, you’re going to have taco trucks on every corner,” Marco Gutierrez, the cofounder of Latinos for Trump, said of Mexicans in the United States.
The remark, which was widely mocked, has ended up as fodder for Democratic attacks. The Colorado Democrats’ truck is scheduled to set up on Friday afternoon and register voters “eat lunch, talk with passer-bys about the stakes in this election,” according to a statement.
The Denver taco truck is not the only trolling the Democrats have done. The Arizona Democratic Party has changed its sign to say “Taco Trucks On Every Corner.”
The Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party in Colorado and Arizona are seeking to register Latino voters, who support Clinton by wide margins but historically turn out to vote at lower rates that whites do.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World