Straight off his blockbuster year as the highest-paid actor in Hollywood, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is jumping into his next big action flick: the new Jumanji movie. On Thursday, America’s favorite former wrestler posted a picture of his Jumanji character, the “smoldering” Dr. Bravestone, on his Instagram. In the shot, an Indian-Jones-like Rock is decked out in a cowboy hat, fingerless leather gloves, and a holstered gun. Rugged.
“Not sure where my pecs went,” he cheekily captioned the photograph. Here’s an important note: this is concept art, not an actual photograph.
He’ll be co-starring with his Central Intelligence buddy Kevin Hart as well as comedian Jack Black, pop star Nick Jonas, and actress Karen Gillan — certainly an eclectic group of personalities. The reboot of the 1995 adventure fantasy isn’t expected to hit theaters until July 2017, meaning we’ll be getting plenty more updates on The Rock’s progress as Dr. Bravestone for almost a whole year yet. Not complaining.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time