Before Bob the Drag Queen became the reigning champion of RuPaul’s Drag Race, this drag queen extraordinaire was a stand-up comedian and actor known as Christopher Caldwell. The season eight winner is defined by his unapologetically political and high-energy drag performances, and recently released a single called “Purse First.” His win on Drag Race comes full circle, since the premiere season of the show was what inspired Bob to pursue drag in the first place. Here, he discusses performance and how drag helps create art and blur gender lines.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time