Krunal Desai proposed to his girlfriend Radha Patel during FriendsFest in London, where the pair had made a trek to the apartment set of the beloved sitcom that was recreated as a part of Comedy Central’s six-week tour for FriendsFest.
Patel is an avid Friends viewer who watches the show every night before she goes to bed, so Desai re-enacting Monica and Chandler’s proposal for their own engagement was the perfect idea. Desai told the UK’s Metro that he got in touch with Comedy Central ahead of time so he could propose in the apartment.
However, the proposal wasn’t the only thing that drew a similarity between this couple and the show. Apparently Desai and Patel’s journey to getting engaged also mirrors another couple on the show: Ross and Rachel.
“We even had a short break in our relationship, leading people to call us the real life Ross and Rachel,” Desai said. “When I saw FriendsFest was returning I knew this would be the perfect setting to ask her to marry me.”
Patel, for her part, couldn’t be happier.
“Nothing could top this proposal, it was awesome,” she said. “As Phoebe would say, he’s my lobster!”
Watch the entire engagement take place below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve