The live-action remake of Disney’s beloved Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, isn’t out until March 2017 — but here’s a first, tantalizing teaser clip of what we can expect in the lush new version.
Besides giving us a glimpse of the glamorous ballroom dripping in chandeliers and the updated animations of Cogsworth and Lumière (voiced by veteran actors Ian McKellen and Ewan McGregor respectively), the clip also delivers a behind-the-scenes table read of dialogue between Watson as Belle and Stevens as the Beast, marking the first time we’ve been given a snippet of the two leads’ voices and chemistry in the classic fairytale romance.
As director Bill Condon notes, “When something is so perfect, why get near it? The answer is, technology has caught up to the ideas that were introduced in that movie,” making the time right for the updated take.
Watch below and see if you don’t get chills listening to Watson’s and Stevens’s flirty exchange.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time