The live-action remake of Disney’s beloved Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, isn’t out until March 2017 — but here’s a first, tantalizing teaser clip of what we can expect in the lush new version.
Besides giving us a glimpse of the glamorous ballroom dripping in chandeliers and the updated animations of Cogsworth and Lumière (voiced by veteran actors Ian McKellen and Ewan McGregor respectively), the clip also delivers a behind-the-scenes table read of dialogue between Watson as Belle and Stevens as the Beast, marking the first time we’ve been given a snippet of the two leads’ voices and chemistry in the classic fairytale romance.
As director Bill Condon notes, “When something is so perfect, why get near it? The answer is, technology has caught up to the ideas that were introduced in that movie,” making the time right for the updated take.
Watch below and see if you don’t get chills listening to Watson’s and Stevens’s flirty exchange.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This