The live-action remake of Disney’s beloved Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, isn’t out until March 2017 — but here’s a first, tantalizing teaser clip of what we can expect in the lush new version.
Besides giving us a glimpse of the glamorous ballroom dripping in chandeliers and the updated animations of Cogsworth and Lumière (voiced by veteran actors Ian McKellen and Ewan McGregor respectively), the clip also delivers a behind-the-scenes table read of dialogue between Watson as Belle and Stevens as the Beast, marking the first time we’ve been given a snippet of the two leads’ voices and chemistry in the classic fairytale romance.
As director Bill Condon notes, “When something is so perfect, why get near it? The answer is, technology has caught up to the ideas that were introduced in that movie,” making the time right for the updated take.
Watch below and see if you don’t get chills listening to Watson’s and Stevens’s flirty exchange.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com