Harry Potter alum Jim Broadbent — who played Professor Horace Slughorn in the film adaptation of J.K. Rowling’s beloved book series — has officially been named as the newest member of the Game of Thrones cast. HBO confirmed to TIME Thursday that the Oscar winner will play a “significant” role in the show’s upcoming seventh season, making him the latest in the line of actors who have transitioned from the wizarding world to Westeros.
Broadbent follows in the footsteps of fellow British stars such as Natalia Tena (Nymphadora Tonks and Osha) and David Bradley (Argus Filch and Walder Frey) who have appeared in both fantasy franchises.
See the full gallery of actors who have made the switch — and the roles they played in each series — above.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time