Harry Potter alum Jim Broadbent — who played Professor Horace Slughorn in the film adaptation of J.K. Rowling’s beloved book series — has officially been named as the newest member of the Game of Thrones cast. HBO confirmed to TIME Thursday that the Oscar winner will play a “significant” role in the show’s upcoming seventh season, making him the latest in the line of actors who have transitioned from the wizarding world to Westeros.
Broadbent follows in the footsteps of fellow British stars such as Natalia Tena (Nymphadora Tonks and Osha) and David Bradley (Argus Filch and Walder Frey) who have appeared in both fantasy franchises.
See the full gallery of actors who have made the switch — and the roles they played in each series — above.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'