Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for Star Wars: Episode VIII and Episode IX.
The 64-year-old actor — who plays Luke Skywalker in the space fantasy saga — shared a video on Twitter Tuesday in which he shaved off his beard as part of a promotion for his upcoming show Pop Culture Quest. However, given that this facial hair was a part of his seasoned Jedi look in The Force Awakens, Hamill captioned the clip with a galaxy far, far away-themed clause.
Does this mean everyone can rest easy knowing that Luke survives the events of Episode VIII? Not necessarily. Luke is a powerful Jedi, so if he does die in the eighth movie, he could always appear in the ninth as a Force ghost — a plot device used with characters such as Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker in the past.
Of course, this could also just be a Kit Harington-style misdirect by Hamill to keep fans off the scent of his true fate.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror