Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for Star Wars: Episode VIII and Episode IX.
The 64-year-old actor — who plays Luke Skywalker in the space fantasy saga — shared a video on Twitter Tuesday in which he shaved off his beard as part of a promotion for his upcoming show Pop Culture Quest. However, given that this facial hair was a part of his seasoned Jedi look in The Force Awakens, Hamill captioned the clip with a galaxy far, far away-themed clause.
Does this mean everyone can rest easy knowing that Luke survives the events of Episode VIII? Not necessarily. Luke is a powerful Jedi, so if he does die in the eighth movie, he could always appear in the ninth as a Force ghost — a plot device used with characters such as Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker in the past.
Of course, this could also just be a Kit Harington-style misdirect by Hamill to keep fans off the scent of his true fate.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was