Nerds, rejoice: your favorite science guy is coming back to television, and this time, it’s getting political.
Netflix announced on Wednesday that Bill Nye will host his own talk show, Bill Nye Saves the World, slated for a Spring 2017 debut. According to a statement from the streaming service, “each episode will tackle a topic from a scientific point of view, dispelling myths, and refuting anti-scientific claims that may be espoused by politicians, religious leaders or titans of industry.”
Since hosting Bill Nye the Science Guy on PBS in the ’90s, Nye has made regular appearances on TV to discuss political topics from a scientific point of view. Now he’ll get to do more of the same as a star, rather than a guest. In a statement, Nye said he’d be tackling “the complex scientific issues facing us today, with episodes on vaccinations, genetically modified foods and climate change.”
Let’s just hope Netflix can top the Science Guy theme song.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma