During the most recent stop on her world stand-up tour, Amy Schumer performed in Edinburgh, Scotland — the hometown of none other than J.K. Rowling. But it wasn’t until after the Tuesday night appearance that Schumer learned the Harry Potter author had not only been in the audience, but had loved her show.
Following the set, Rowling took to Twitter to gush about the comedian’s talent. “Just seen the goddess that is @amyschumer live in Edinburgh,” she tweeted. “What a night.”
Schumer quickly replied, requesting Rowling’s opinion on a wizarding world aspect of the show. “Thank you so much!,” she wrote. “Did you like my sister’s gryffindor hat?!”
Of course, Rowling had the best response.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time