Now, thanks to the shelter’s new slumber party program, families can book a pajama party with a pooch; the idea is that potential owners can experience what it is like to live with a dog.
In the case of a pit bull named Paul Anka, the sleepover program has already helped him find a new family. Although Paul had been at the shelter for nine months, after he had a slumber party with a family, they adopted him the next day.
LifeLine’s public relations director Karen Hirsch explained why Paul Anka’s adoption process was aided by the program.
“In Paul’s case, his new family had been hesitant to adopt a pit bull, but when they had him overnight, all their hesitation went right out the window,” she said.
You can watch Paul Anka’s adoption process below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time