The song — off her Dangerous Woman album — is about an ill-advised crush, but like the duo’s performance at Sunday night’s MTV VMAs, the video skips over that theme to instead focus on the biggest trend of 2016: fitness. Sexy, fashionable fitness. This video also might just double as an at-home workout video, if you’ve got a stationary bike or some handheld weights.
In the unabashedly sultry clip, Grande leads a class of bombshell cyclists through a SoulCycle-style disco ride, complete with synchronized dance movements that will have you feeling the burn — all while the ladies of her spinning tribe wear major heels and minimal shorts. They break it down in the gym, too, before Minaj appears to add steam to the song (and video) in a sauna filled with glistening, shirtless male models.
While the track itself isn’t quite an earworm like prior hit “Into You,” the video will definitely have you raising an eyebrow, as will Minaj’s saucy NSFW lyrics.
Watch it above and see if you don’t also feel the urge to book it to a gym, stat.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization