The song — off her Dangerous Woman album — is about an ill-advised crush, but like the duo’s performance at Sunday night’s MTV VMAs, the video skips over that theme to instead focus on the biggest trend of 2016: fitness. Sexy, fashionable fitness. This video also might just double as an at-home workout video, if you’ve got a stationary bike or some handheld weights.
In the unabashedly sultry clip, Grande leads a class of bombshell cyclists through a SoulCycle-style disco ride, complete with synchronized dance movements that will have you feeling the burn — all while the ladies of her spinning tribe wear major heels and minimal shorts. They break it down in the gym, too, before Minaj appears to add steam to the song (and video) in a sauna filled with glistening, shirtless male models.
While the track itself isn’t quite an earworm like prior hit “Into You,” the video will definitely have you raising an eyebrow, as will Minaj’s saucy NSFW lyrics.
Watch it above and see if you don’t also feel the urge to book it to a gym, stat.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022