A new video shows Hope Solo’s reaction upon finding out she was suspended by U.S. Soccer after calling Sweden’s team “a bunch of cowards” during the 2016 Olympics.
U.S. Soccer announced the goalie’s six-month suspension last week, saying Solo’s conduct was “counter to the organization’s principles.”
A video surfaced Tuesday showing Solo’s emotional response to the news. Solo and others from the USWNT have been recorded for an upcoming docu-series called Keeping Score, according to CBS.
The short clip shows Solo crying and exclaiming about the terms of the suspension.
“Seventeen f-cking years and it’s over,” she says in the video.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body