A new video shows Hope Solo’s reaction upon finding out she was suspended by U.S. Soccer after calling Sweden’s team “a bunch of cowards” during the 2016 Olympics.
U.S. Soccer announced the goalie’s six-month suspension last week, saying Solo’s conduct was “counter to the organization’s principles.”
A video surfaced Tuesday showing Solo’s emotional response to the news. Solo and others from the USWNT have been recorded for an upcoming docu-series called Keeping Score, according to CBS.
The short clip shows Solo crying and exclaiming about the terms of the suspension.
“Seventeen f-cking years and it’s over,” she says in the video.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief