Kevin Bacon helped Jimmy Fallon revive one of The Tonight Show’s best recurring segments— First Drafts of Rock on Monday.
In the sketch, which imagines what early versions of famous rock songs might have sounded like, Bacon and Fallon got in touch with their inner Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne (Petty’s co-writer) and came up with an early draft of their hit “Free Fallin’”.
For some reason, their version of the song had a horse theme, complete with memorably clunky lines like, “She loves flowers/ And horses too/ She likes football/ But she really like horses”—and that wasn’t even the best/worst of them.
If that wasn’t enough to make you want to ride a pony to this year’s annual Petty Fest, wait until you hear the magnificent, triumphant chorus where Fallon and Bacon giddily sing, “And I’m free!/ Free horses!”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate