When you are a 300-pound black bear, you can pretty much do and take what you want without asking first.
According to NBC New York, a New Jersey bear did just that, popping into the pool of a Rockaway Township family on Friday to cool off.
The animal didn’t bother to let the humans know he was going for a swim, but it didn’t take long for the family to spot him.
From inside the safety of their home, the Dowlings watched on as the massive bear paddled about their pool.
“He popped our float! I think he’s breaking our pool,” homeowner Stacey Dowling can be heard saying in a video of the incident.
Stacy then suggests that her husband go outside and attempt to scare away the bear.
To which he responds: “I’m not going out there! You crazy?”
The pool crasher did eventually get out of water on his own to head back into the woods.
No pools, animals or people were harmed during the bear’s dip.
This is just one of several bear sightings in the area over the past few weeks. Local officials, who have warned residents to be aware of their furry neighbors, are reaching out to the state for help.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization