In a cryptic, unexplained post on his Twitter on Monday, actor and director Ben Affleck shared a clip of a mysterious, armored-up character approaching the camera menacingly. Comic fans are saying it’s Deathstroke, a villain with superhuman strength in the DC Universe that Affleck-as-Batman also inhabits.
Affleck is working on both the next Justice League movie (with Superman Henry Cavill) and a standalone Batman movie, which he is also helping to produce. These projects follow Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, a commercial success with tepid reviews, so this could mean a new dawn for the superhero franchise.
It’s still unknown whether this character will turn up in one of Affleck’s announced projects or a future endeavor. Watch the clip below.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate