Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are challenging each other over their personal health, after repeated suggestions by Trump and his surrogates that Clinton is somehow medically unfit to serve as president.
Trump said in a tweet on Sunday said both candidates should release their “detailed medical records.” “I think that both candidates, Crooked Hillary and myself, should release detailed medical records. I have no problem in doing so! Hillary?” he said.
Clinton was the first presidential candidate to release her medical records during the primary, presenting a detailed document from her physician that outlined medical conditions including hyperactive thyroid and seasonal allergies.
The Clinton campaign responded to Trump’s call by taking aim at the clean bill of health Trump’s doctor gave him earlier in the campaign, calling into question the doctor’s motives and pointing out mistakes and typos on the one-page letter. “Donald Trump is healthy as a horse—just ask his personal physician, who sounds remarkably like Donald Trump,” the campaign says before pulling out 13 questionable points from the letter.
In a recent interview, Trump’s doctor Dr. Harold Bornstein said he wrote the letter in just five minutes while a limousine waited for him outside of his office. When questioned about the over-the-top language he used in the letter, Bornstein said, “I think I picked up [Trump’s] kind of language and then just interpreted it to my own.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time