Rihanna — singer, fashion star, free spirit — is a goddess, yes. But even goddesses have limits. And the internet has uncovered Rihanna’s one true limit: despite her undisputed status as one of the world’s most sought-after women, she can’t wink.
Twitter user @NotAgainBen has documented the evidence extensively in a series of tweets with videos of the soon-to-be recipient of MTV’s Video Vanguard Award trying — and, ultimately, failing — to perfect the single-eye blink. It’s an impressive collection of proof, wherein we see that each time she tries to just subtly shut one eye, the other inevitably goes along for the ride, too. The clips are mesmerizing, because… Rihanna.
These are just a few of the many, many examples. But honestly, what’s the big deal? She’s still BadGalRiRi, and her flawless ability to accessorize with wine pretty much negates the need to execute a perfect blink. Who are we to tell her what is right or wrong? Maybe we’re the ones blinking wrong?
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time