The man behind the suit is not Bruce Wayne (or even Ben Affleck), but a Batman super-fan named Julian Checkley. His incredible, homemade suit just set a Guinness World Record for “most functional gadgets on a cos-play suit”, which would be an incredibly fun category to compete in.
While the real Batman’s Batsuit can perform more than 23 tasks, Checkley’s suit pulls off an astonishing array of super-heroic actions like bat-cam, bat-flask, bat signal projector, bat-tracking tech and a whole bunch of things without bat in the name. There’s a built-in cowl respirator, a pneumatic tranquilizer gun, grapnel gun, strobe stun gun, two-radio, ultrasonic anti-dog device, and, of course, smoke bombs, Batarangs, and fireball shooting gear plus a bunch of other awesome functions.
Checkley may not take to the streets to fight crime in his suit, but the world feels safer knowing he’s out there.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time