While being a new mother can be an exhausting and at times, bewildering experience, Los Angeles photographer Laura Izumikawa has come up with a way to make parenting a little more fun. While her four-month-old baby daughter Joey Marie Choi naps, Izumikawa dresses her up as pop culture figures, ranging from everyone from superstar Beyoncé to Pikachu.
In an interview with the Huffington Post, Izumikawa said that trying to grab some shut-eye while her baby did never seemed to work for her, so instead, she started playing dress-up with the baby as a way to commemorate her growing up.
“I would end up just staring at her face all day and night because I was just so in love,” Izumikawa said. “Because Joey slept so deeply, I thought it’d be fun adding little props on her just to send some hilarious pictures to our parents. It was a way to memorialize her growth and little milestones.”
However, Izumikawa’s parents aren’t the only fans of the adorable baby and her pithy get-ups; the LA photographer’s account boasts over 80k followers and counting.
See some of the best dress-up moments from Joey and Laura below.
Even Joey wasn’t immune to the Pokemon Go! craze.
The tiniest sushi chef there ever was.
This costume deserves its own gold medal.
Eleven, is that you?!
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer