While being a new mother can be an exhausting and at times, bewildering experience, Los Angeles photographer Laura Izumikawa has come up with a way to make parenting a little more fun. While her four-month-old baby daughter Joey Marie Choi naps, Izumikawa dresses her up as pop culture figures, ranging from everyone from superstar Beyoncé to Pikachu.
In an interview with the Huffington Post, Izumikawa said that trying to grab some shut-eye while her baby did never seemed to work for her, so instead, she started playing dress-up with the baby as a way to commemorate her growing up.
“I would end up just staring at her face all day and night because I was just so in love,” Izumikawa said. “Because Joey slept so deeply, I thought it’d be fun adding little props on her just to send some hilarious pictures to our parents. It was a way to memorialize her growth and little milestones.”
However, Izumikawa’s parents aren’t the only fans of the adorable baby and her pithy get-ups; the LA photographer’s account boasts over 80k followers and counting.
See some of the best dress-up moments from Joey and Laura below.
Even Joey wasn’t immune to the Pokemon Go! craze.
The tiniest sushi chef there ever was.
This costume deserves its own gold medal.
Eleven, is that you?!
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org