It’s been a blockbuster year for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The former wrestler and beloved actor raked in a full $64.5 million this year, making him the year’s highest-paid actor, according to Forbes. From his TV show “Ballers” to comedy Central Intelligence and major action films San Andreas and Furious 8, that famous work ethic made it rain cash for the superstar. And his slate is already full for the coming year, with big reboots like Baywatch and Jumanji and the animated Disney movie Moana all in the pipeline, among other projects.
He’s followed by Jackie Chan, who brought in $61 million — thanks to his still-soaring popularity in China’s movie markets — and Matt Damon, whose astronaut turn in the The Martian shot him into the money-making stratosphere, with $55 million for the year.
Also high up on the list: Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp, joined by Ben Affleck, Vin Diesel, Shah Rukh Khan, Robert Downey Jr., and Akshay Kumar to finish off the top ten.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer