It’s been a blockbuster year for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The former wrestler and beloved actor raked in a full $64.5 million this year, making him the year’s highest-paid actor, according to Forbes. From his TV show “Ballers” to comedy Central Intelligence and major action films San Andreas and Furious 8, that famous work ethic made it rain cash for the superstar. And his slate is already full for the coming year, with big reboots like Baywatch and Jumanji and the animated Disney movie Moana all in the pipeline, among other projects.
He’s followed by Jackie Chan, who brought in $61 million — thanks to his still-soaring popularity in China’s movie markets — and Matt Damon, whose astronaut turn in the The Martian shot him into the money-making stratosphere, with $55 million for the year.
Also high up on the list: Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp, joined by Ben Affleck, Vin Diesel, Shah Rukh Khan, Robert Downey Jr., and Akshay Kumar to finish off the top ten.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization