It’s been a blockbuster year for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The former wrestler and beloved actor raked in a full $64.5 million this year, making him the year’s highest-paid actor, according to Forbes. From his TV show “Ballers” to comedy Central Intelligence and major action films San Andreas and Furious 8, that famous work ethic made it rain cash for the superstar. And his slate is already full for the coming year, with big reboots like Baywatch and Jumanji and the animated Disney movie Moana all in the pipeline, among other projects.
He’s followed by Jackie Chan, who brought in $61 million — thanks to his still-soaring popularity in China’s movie markets — and Matt Damon, whose astronaut turn in the The Martian shot him into the money-making stratosphere, with $55 million for the year.
Also high up on the list: Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp, joined by Ben Affleck, Vin Diesel, Shah Rukh Khan, Robert Downey Jr., and Akshay Kumar to finish off the top ten.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022