It’s been a blockbuster year for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The former wrestler and beloved actor raked in a full $64.5 million this year, making him the year’s highest-paid actor, according to Forbes. From his TV show “Ballers” to comedy Central Intelligence and major action films San Andreas and Furious 8, that famous work ethic made it rain cash for the superstar. And his slate is already full for the coming year, with big reboots like Baywatch and Jumanji and the animated Disney movie Moana all in the pipeline, among other projects.
He’s followed by Jackie Chan, who brought in $61 million — thanks to his still-soaring popularity in China’s movie markets — and Matt Damon, whose astronaut turn in the The Martian shot him into the money-making stratosphere, with $55 million for the year.
Also high up on the list: Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp, joined by Ben Affleck, Vin Diesel, Shah Rukh Khan, Robert Downey Jr., and Akshay Kumar to finish off the top ten.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com