1. Here’s how racial stereotypes rob us of great athletes.
By Alexandra Ossola in Nautilus
2. Congress might be out of the business of authorizing America’s wars. Here’s why.
By Bruce Ackerman in Defense One
3. The tide is turning on private prisons. Can America stop privatizing everything now?
By David Dayen in the New Republic
4. Climate change could mean the end of raw bars.
By Gwynn Guilford in Quartz
5. Here’s how to trick your brain into thinking healthy food is actually delicious junk.
By Cari Romm in the Science of Us
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction