Better Call Saul actor Bob Odenkirk confirmed a long-rumored show secret during his Jimmy Kimmel Live! appearance Wednesday night. For months, fans have speculated that there’s a message hidden in the first letters of the season 2 episode titles, which spell out “Fring’s Back.”
Fring, of course, references Gus Fring, the notorious “drug kingpin and chicken store owner” played by Giancarlo Esposito on Saul antecedent Breaking Bad. Odenkirk confirmed the April fan discovery, but said he hasn’t talked to Esposito yet.
“I’m looking for him,” Odenkirk said. “He’s coming back.” Characters from Breaking Bad have occasionally appeared on spinoff Saul.
Now that the “cat’s out of the bag,” Odenkirk added, “I imagine he’ll be in the first moment…Let’s go.”
See Odenkirk’s appearance above.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk