Better Call Saul actor Bob Odenkirk confirmed a long-rumored show secret during his Jimmy Kimmel Live! appearance Wednesday night. For months, fans have speculated that there’s a message hidden in the first letters of the season 2 episode titles, which spell out “Fring’s Back.”
Fring, of course, references Gus Fring, the notorious “drug kingpin and chicken store owner” played by Giancarlo Esposito on Saul antecedent Breaking Bad. Odenkirk confirmed the April fan discovery, but said he hasn’t talked to Esposito yet.
“I’m looking for him,” Odenkirk said. “He’s coming back.” Characters from Breaking Bad have occasionally appeared on spinoff Saul.
Now that the “cat’s out of the bag,” Odenkirk added, “I imagine he’ll be in the first moment…Let’s go.”
See Odenkirk’s appearance above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving