Better Call Saul actor Bob Odenkirk confirmed a long-rumored show secret during his Jimmy Kimmel Live! appearance Wednesday night. For months, fans have speculated that there’s a message hidden in the first letters of the season 2 episode titles, which spell out “Fring’s Back.”
Fring, of course, references Gus Fring, the notorious “drug kingpin and chicken store owner” played by Giancarlo Esposito on Saul antecedent Breaking Bad. Odenkirk confirmed the April fan discovery, but said he hasn’t talked to Esposito yet.
“I’m looking for him,” Odenkirk said. “He’s coming back.” Characters from Breaking Bad have occasionally appeared on spinoff Saul.
Now that the “cat’s out of the bag,” Odenkirk added, “I imagine he’ll be in the first moment…Let’s go.”
See Odenkirk’s appearance above.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022